After working as a physical therapist for 10 years, I came to realize that there was an extensive gap in the care of people who want to perform movement-based-tasks.
That gap is the one that ultimately brings an athlete, or person, back to full performance. This gap is the result of a lot of different things but has become harder to bridge through the medical system, due to insurance limitations and restrictions, as well as a lack of eagerness by providers to stay current with the literature and research.
By working to bridge this gap, through performance coaching, I hope to foster an environment that engenders successful performance in your desired task, sport, or activity while working to reduce risk for injury and provide you with a breadth of knowledge that ultimately gets you where you want to be.
If you have performance-based goals, or want a consult on your current performance from a person who brings a vast knowledge of the body, health, wellness, sport, load, volume and the science of injury, performance coaching is a great place to start.
This coaching option is usually indicated for people who are recovering from injury or surgery and feel as though they are not prepared, physically or mentally, for their return to sport or activity. This option is meant to help bridge the return to performance gap. If you want assistance in optimizing a full recovery and feel as though you would benefit from a more robust program to help you meet your goals, this is the option for you.
- 1 hour assessment of medical history, movement proficiency and goals
- 4 weeks of programming design
- Unlimited email
* NOTE: Should additional sessions be required to establish proficiency with the program, cost is a la carte and based on my hourly rate as a professional which is $150/hour.
* If you have already received or are currently receiving physical therapy, transitional program cost is an additional $50
This coaching option is meant for runners looking to improve their running performance. Often, this option is meant for runners dealing with recurrent or ongoing pain or discomfort and are looking for a transition back to their optimal running performance.
- 1 hour assessment of history and goals
- 5 weeks run programming + coaching + strength
- Unlimited email/text
* NOTE: Should additional sessions be required to establish proficiency with the program, drills or knowledge of running, cost is a la carte and based on my hourly rate as a professional which is $150/hour.